Sunday, December 9, 2012

Inger's day of fun

If you have followed us for a while you might know that I am a big fan of recycling, reusing and upcycling. I will not disappoint you. My day of fun is of course all about this theme!

I often reuse package material in my work. Alternative usage is both interesting and challenging although it's risky because it's difficult to think of something else besides alternative once you've started. All the things you see is a potential what if...

One of my favourite "techniques" in making background papers is protective papers. It's a very simple technique, all you need is a paper to protective your desk from ink and stuff. Work on it while doing other background technique and behold the beauty of it. Sometimes these papers turn out more beautiful than the paper I had been working on.

As for the rest of you it happens that I complete a card that is not to my full satisfaction. Being a technique junkie, I am trying to master the very difficult task of deciding when it's time to stop even though you're not completely happy with things - the good enough technique. Although sometimes you can challenge yourself in redoing the card, that is reusing parts of it. I never throw cards away, often I can save and reuse pieces of it.

Todays theme is about reusing backgrounds and cards.
Here it goes....


 
Challenge - use bleach

 Challenge - clean and simple

Challenge -  embossing powder

Challenge - make your own background
 
 

Challenge - recycling


What do you do with cards you're not happy with? Those cards that no one has bought and you don't think are pretty enough to give to someone. Give me your thoughts about recycling, I would love to read it!

3 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards-love the blue.
Tamara :)

Anonymous said...

I love recycling things on cards !
On this card I used a LED waxine light for the head of the snowman...
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2296019?&cat=500&ppuser=205884
greetings,
niki

Inger said...

Thank you Tamara!
Niki - I really like your use of the light!
Thank you for commenting! :-)