Monday, May 17, 2010

The Elegant Shoe Tutorial by Terri Heinz

Perhaps our readers remember this shoe made by Petra from one article some times ago. Some of the members in the design team had also seen some lovely shoes on Internet made with the same template. Petra's shoe gave us the idea to show this tutorial to all of you and also make some shoes ourself.  We got in touch with the creator asking for the permission to do this. We where all so happy when she said yes.

Ehkä muistatte tämän Petran tekemän kengän aikaisemmin olleesta artikkelista. Muutamat tiimimme jäsenet olivat törmänneet Internetissä kenkiin, jotka olivat tehtyjä kyseisen mallin mukaan. Petran kenkä innoitti meitä julkaisemaan ohjeen ja mallin sekä samalla päätimme itsekin tehdä näitä kenkiä. Otimme yhteyttä mallin luojaan kysyäksemme julkaisulupaa. Iloksemme saimme myöntävän vastauksen.

We are proud to present to you the creator to the template...
Olemme ylpeitä voidessamme esitellä teille mallin luojan...

Terri Heinz

Let's Terrie herself tell us how this beautiful shoe came to life.

I am a mixed media artist who enjoys all kinds of creative expression, especially those that celebrate life!
I love papercrafting, jewelry making, painting and collecting vintage ephemera. I was born in Michigan and now reside in North Carolina after having lived many years in both Canada and California. My favorite thing to do is creating something I love and then make a video of how to do it so I can share it with others. I feel my best when I am creating in my attic art room. Creating art brings me in touch with joy! I am also learning how to navigate the internet and blogland, where I host my own blog about art. You can see my tutorials there, as well as on YouTube.

I first started making paper shoes for a swap with Paperwhimsy, a Ning art group, with a template made by the owner Gale Blair. Those shoes were more petite, flat, gorgeous fairy type shoes. I loved making them so much I created my own template for a larger shoe with a heel back and a heel and much more room in the shoe to tuck things in. It took me many hours to work out the pattern so the shoe would look right and sit right. I used this template for my Elegant Shoe Tutorial, and for another swap on another Ning group.

****

Annetaan Terrin itse kertoa miten tämä kenkä sai alkunsa.

Olen taiteilija ja pidän luovista ajatuksista erityisesti niistä, jotka ylistävät elämää!
Rakastan paperiaskartelua, korujen tekoa, maalausta ja keräilen vintage esineitä. Olen syntynyt Michiganissa mutta asun nykyään North Carolinassa asuttuani monta vuotta Canadassa ja Californiassa. Mielipuuhani on saada aikaiseksi jotain josta todella pidän ja siitä opetusvideo, jonka sitten jaan muille katsottavaksi. Olen parhaimmillani kun saan askarrella vintillä olevassa omassa huoneessani. Taiteen tekeminen antaa minulle suurta iloa! Opiskelen myös Internetissä blogeissa surffailua ja minulla on oma blogi, jossa voit nähdä tekemiäni opetusvideoita. Videot löytyvät myös YouTubista.

Aloitin paperi kenkien tekemisen Paperwhimsyn (Ning taide ryhmä) haasteeseen Gale Blairin mallin mukaan. Nuo kengär olivat siroja, tasapohjia, ihania keijukais tyyppisiä kenkiä. Rakastin näitten kenkien tekemistä niin paljon, että kehitin isomman kokokengän. Halusin enemmän tilaa kengän kärkeen, jotta sinne voisi laittaa jotain pientä. Minulla meni monta tuntia saadakseni mallin sellaiseksi, että kenkä näyttäisi oikealta ja että se istuisi oikein. Käytin kehittämääni mallia Elegant Shoe oppaassa ja eräässä toisessa Ning ryhmässä.

****

Shoes that Terri has made.
Terrin tekemiä kenkiä.


Shoes that the StampARTic team members have made.
StampARTic tiimin jäsenten tekemiä kenkiä.




Thank's Terri for this wonderful template and tutorial!
All the StampARTic team enjoyed making the shoes. Perhaps this has also been an inspiration to our readers.

Kiitos Terri tästä ihanasta mallista ja hyvästä videosta!
Koko StampARTic tiimi nautti kenkien tekemisestä. Toivottavasti tämä innoittaa lukijoitamme kokeilemaan tätä ihanaa mallia.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Terri for visiting us, and for the great template for the shoe!!
Fabulous work from all of you, love the elegant shoes you all made!!

hugs,
Jorunn

Lillemor said...

WOW!!!!! I saw Petras shoe the other day and now this...All your shoes is just gorguess all of them,
this is pure magic!!!!
Great article ladies, I am so impressed by your work of art, it´s really hard to find words...
Hugs from Lillemor

linda said...

love this shoe!!
I have a shoetutorial in my blog ;)

Unknown said...

truly, utterly, completely, stunning- all of them are amazing!

Terri said...

All your shoes are really gorgeous! I love that you put a message in the sole of the shoe. You are all really creative!
Thank you so much again, for the honor of being mentioned. I am thrilled you are enjoying making the shoes.
Hugs,
Terri

MinnaK. said...

These shoes are so beautiful.
I made my shoes

Rene said...

Fabulous!!

My name is Cindy said...

I have just dicovered this gorgeous tutorial (the whole site is amazing actually). I would love for you to see what I made, I have blogged it here:
http://plantslist.blogspot.com/2011/10/womans-right-to-shoes.html

Many thanks, Cindy