Today I would like to show how to make "shabby chic" looking cards; so soft colours, almost white, pastels and a lot of laces:)
I really love to use white paints in my cards and embellishments so I often paint my colourful flowers with white and also the laces althought they already are white, believe or not:)
Now I show you how I usually make this and show my favourite paints.
These paints are absolutely my all time favourites!!
1.Here is some beautiful and colourful flowers from Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts and Magnolia. I paint them with spray paint "matte white". The spray paint is really everyday, you can buy it from everywhere:)
It`s better to make this spraying outside because otherwise it may be white paint here and there:) And I`m advising to use gloves (if you don`t want the white hands)
2. Here are my laces; white but so glossy. That is why I like to paint them, matte
3. And now the flowers and laces looks like this. Some painted doilies too.
4. I like to paint also the other embellishments like chipboards and metal charms etc. For these I use often white acrylic paint or crackle paint Picket Fence.
5. Here you can see one more medium, Deco cotton fibre additive. It gives wonderful 3d effect to the project. I have used it for the bigger heart.
6. I even paint sometimes patterned papers and tags:)
There was all about painting. I hope you liked:) Now it`s time to choose your papers and coloured image. Because we are making "shabby chic looking" card it`s better to choose pastel coloured papers. Here are my choices, beautiful Magnolia papers and Tilda.
And now we can start to built the card by using all these painted embellishments. In my card I have used these ones and furthermore a little bit cheesecloth. After building the card I still use white acrylic or crackle paint for the edges, cheesecloth, charms and maybe a little for the flowers. Here you can see some close-ups:)
I hope you have enjoyd this:)